The International Journal of Research in Teacher Education 2016, 7(3): 1-12
Communication Skills Comparison of Physical Education Teachers in Secondary Education and Professional Trainers in Sport Leagues
pp. 1-12 | Article Number: ijrte.2016.007
Published Online: September 01, 2016
Article Views: 40 | Article Download: 31
APA 6th edition
In-text: (Doğgün, 2016)
Your Bibliography: Doğgün, M. (2016). Communication Skills Comparison of Physical Education Teachers in Secondary Education and Professional Trainers in Sport Leagues. The International Journal of Research in Teacher Education, 7(3), 1-12.
In-text: (Doğgün, 2016)
Your Bibliography: Doğgün, M. (2016). Communication Skills Comparison of Physical Education Teachers in Secondary Education and Professional Trainers in Sport Leagues. The International Journal of Research in Teacher Education, 7(3), pp. 1-12.
Chicago 16th edition
In-text: (Doğgün 2016)
Your Bibliography: Doğgün, Muzaffer (2016). "Communication Skills Comparison of Physical Education Teachers in Secondary Education and Professional Trainers in Sport Leagues". The International Journal of Research in Teacher Education 7 (3):1-12.
Educational research in secondary schools of Northern Cyprus is generally lacking and developing special programs on education to improve current level of education to modernize with new approaches and techniques certainly are in need for North Cyprus. One of the fundamental thinking about modernization of education system is improving communication skills of educators to able them to increase effectiveness of time that consuming in educational matters and improve quality. Young age groups’ education is important for all community members in a modern society and responsible education members’ communication skills are essential in this process of education of young generations. Based on this thought, to evaluate and analysis of whether secondary education level teachers have enough communication skills and abilities in pedagogical terms, two focus group are selected. Group one is physical education teachers of secondary education level while second group consists of professional trainers of youngster sport teams. The aim of this research was investigating communication skills of secondary education physical education teachers by comparing them with their relative counterparts, trainers in professional youngster team sports who are generally lacking basic pedagogical education background. Study shows that physical education teachers’ pedagogical education background helps improving communicational skills on dealing with youngsters when compared with professional sport trainers without any education on pedagogy.
Keywords: Physical Education, Teacher, Communication skills, Team Sport, Trainers, Young
- Hanushek, E. A., & Wößmann, L. (2007). The role of education quality for economic growth. World Bank Policy Research Working Paper
- Oftedal Telhaug, A., Asbjørn Mediås, O., & Aasen, P. (2006). The Nordic model in education: Education as part of the political system in the last 50 years. Scandinavian journal of educational research, 50(3), 245-283.
- Boudon, R. (1974). Education, opportunity, and social inequality: Changing prospects in western society
- Phillips, H. M. (1970). Literacy and Development
- DeWalt, D. A., Berkman, N. D., Sheridan, S., Lohr, K. N. and Pignone, M. P. (2004), Literacy and Health Outcomes. Journal of General Internal Medicine, 19: 1228–1239
- Cuñado, J., & de Gracia, F. P. (2012). Does education affect happiness? Evidence for Spain. Social indicators research, 108(1), 185-196.
- Gerdtham, U. G., & Johannesson, M. (2001). The relationship between happiness, health, and socio-economic factors: results based on Swedish microdata. The Journal of Socio-Economics, 30(6), 553-557
- Tamir, P. (1988). Subject matter and related pedagogical knowledge in teacher education. Teaching and teacher education, 4(2), 99-110.
- Grossman, P. (2005). Research on pedagogical approaches in teacher education. Studying teacher education: The report of the AERA panel on research and teacher education, 425-476
- Veal, M. L. (1992). The role of assessment in secondary physical education—A pedagogical view. Journal of Physical Education, Recreation & Dance, 63(7), 88-92
- Bailey, R. (2006). Physical education and sport in schools: A review of benefits and outcomes. Journal of school health, 76(8), 397-401
- Bailey, R., Armour, K., Kirk, D., Jess, M., Pickup, I., Sandford, R., & Education, B. P. (2009). The educational benefits claimed for physical education and school sport: an academic review. Research papers in education, 24(1), 1-27
- Cassidy, T. G., Jones, R. L., & Potrac, P. (2008). Understanding sports coaching: The social, cultural and pedagogical foundations of coaching practice. Routledge
- Yılmaz İ. (2008). Sporcu Algılarına göre, Farklı Spor Branşlarındaki Antrenörlerin Liderlik Davranışlarının Analizi ve İletişim Beceri Düzeyleri. Doktora tezi, T.C. Gazi Üniversitesi, Ankara, Turkey